So this week I made sauerkraut on my own for the first time, we had made it in class, however, it hadn't gone well and ended up too salty for me to eat. This time I decided to adjust it to my taste.
I made a small batch (only 2 heads) as I didn't wish to waste food in case it didn't work out or I discovered I just don't like sauerkraut.
Right about now, on day 8 it is looking and smelling like sauerkraut. I'm getting excited.
I also decided to revived the Pagan Blog Project I started last year as it felt unfinished and I figured why not!
I also kept watering my seedlings as you can see...
And Puppy built me a great trellis for them
I also made some Pickles using pickling cucumbers with a cornichon recipe.
I left out the bay and added tarragon.
Again these guys seemed kind of salty after I leeched out the fluids and rinsed them, but we will see how they turn out in a few weeks.
Speaking of waiting a few weeks, here are my spicy preserved limes from January.
They are all ready to put in my tacos!