Saturday 2 March 2013

The letter E

The Empress (tarot)



Egypt


Egypt is an ancient culture with a system of writing. Therefore, it is regarded as one of the oldest "traditions", albeit, merely because they wrote it down. It is not an unbroken tradition as it was not practiced for several hundred years, That being said I enjoy the richness of the work and the beauty of the rituals that have been translated.

Enchantment


La Belle Dame Sans Merci is a rather wonderful poen by Keats about enchantment.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with enchantment, I suggest you read this work.
The poem itself inspired several paintings, however, this is my favorite of them all. I was created by Frank Cadogan Cowper, and I adore it.

Earth



Ebony


Ebony was my first husband and quite the magician, He was with the OTO for 20 years before his death and served the order in a variety of ways. He developed his own system of magick, some of his former students have tried to claim it as their own, I disagree with this approach, the work of the Hawk and Jackal system is there to do for any one who wishes.
2:22 to you too.

Equinox of the Gods


No comments: