Saturday 7 January 2012

Whirlwinds are us!

Well, I was doing so well posting daily!
But I did say it was a practice and only that it would be more regular so, yeah, I missed a day, so sue me! But, honestly, if there were more than 24 hours in the day I wouldn't of! (Gosh that's a lot of exclamation points.)
Anyway, yesterday was a busy, even if I do say so myself. I began by taking the morning to read a few chapters of my book, then in the afternoon I decided to take a leaf out of one of my favorite childrens' books Miss Rumphius


It is a book about the life of a woman as she grows up, in her later years she plants lupine seeds in the hills for all the children to enjoy (and because she likes them). Well, I had always wanted to do something like this, and in our neighborhood there is an easement that belongs to Edison...


It is not the prettiest of places, and it would be nice if there was more color there, sooo...

I collected all my old wildflower seed packets from when I lived in Costa Mesa and I took a wander. 



I had thought about making seed balls, but decide against it.


As I wandered I scratched into the a trough in the ground with a stick poured a few seeds in and carried on. I did this every dozen yards or so and it was a pleasant walk. Edison has done some creative things with easements locally including The Incredible Edible Park.



When I returned home it was time for me a bath and some prep before heading over to a new herbalism class with Julie James. It was an amazing class, and if you get the chance, you should really check her out. By the time I made it home it was after 10pm., and long past my bed time.

No comments: