Monday 4 April 2011

Time flies

or not as the case may be.
The holidays truly sucked the life force out of me, 
but I seem to be returning to normal.
Here's what has been going on in my garden...


The big news is that we have 6 new goldfish.
They are 4 years old and really big. 
The raccoons would be tempted, 
so we put out rat traps around the pond just for them.


The far back yard is looking wonderful.
I had planned to hold my birthday tea outside, 
however the weather had other ideas on the day.


My secret garden is the most wonderful place to retreat to.


Of course it is weeding season, but that's OK.


The hanging baskets that were in the free section last year,
seem to have come with bulbs and are filling in the pond.


At some point this will look more orderly, but it is what it is for now.


Here's a shot I took this evening.


So, for the holidays may dear pal Lisa Lupa sent me a gift certificate.
And this was what I got from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.


There were beans


salady bits,


herbs,


and more herbs.


Not to mention some "odd" bits and pieces.
Some even got planted already.


Of course these all arrived the day I went to Lingl's Herbs.
And now I have the herbs I need for Za'atar.


Also picked up some All Heal, Cardamom and Pineapple Mint.


One last shot of the pond and I will bid you all farewell.





No comments: