Thursday 24 May 2012

Too much going on to post!

Well lets see, I swapped out my Equinox altar


For my Beltane altar


In the process of resetting my altars I noticed this and thought it pretty...


But, yes, I should probably wipe my altars down more that at the holidays.

We had a stranded baby bird in the yard...


Mom and dad were very good about staying with it till it managed to work out how to fly away, about 2 days later.

The berries have been exploding...


Those are our mulberries, and here are some blackberries...


Our loquats came in...


They are currently becoming liqueur...


Our apple tree is being bountiful...


And we are loving it!


Our first tomato of the year is ripening as I type.


As are our serranos...


In other news I was sick as a dog last week with a vicious virus but am better now. 
I will leave you with a picture of my current project...


Socks!

7 comments:

Antara said...

Hi Cat

I am so jealous of your berries - it will be ages here in the uk before we get that. Also the size of those mulberries is incredible!

I am so pleased you are a sock knitter to. I have always got a pair (or 4) on the go and they are my favourite item of clothing to knit!

Naturegirl said...

Oh my so much happening at your end!! Harvesting fruits!! You must live in opposite seasons to me?? We are just planting here in my world!
Ahhh...how sweet are those parents..so happy they all survived the night hunters!!
My woodland garden is happening!
Happy weekend to you! Purr-Zzz

Cat said...

Anarta, I seemed to drop a few stitches today so I'm about 4 rows less than yesterday, but I love them, this is my first time on size 0 needles.

Naturegirl we are in what they call the Banana Belt in Orange County California and we run 2 seasons Warm and cool. Wishing you well with your garden!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love your posts.

Cat said...

Thank you, sometimes I don't feel like I have much to say for myself, but I just keep doing what I do.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cat ..I am so late with visits .. I am so sorry you were sick, was it the flu bug or just our type of relapse thing ?
Your garden is loving you back so generously !! It is amazing and so beautiful .. and so are your projects with the liquor and socks girl !!!
The baby bird is so sweet .. we have Mr. Chips the chipmunk and Baby Bunny Boots the very young rabbit and we love seeing them in the garden .. I don't mind BB eating some here and there at all .. it is a thrill to see life in our garden : )
Hey .. I thought the dust pattern was very artistic !! haha
Joy

Cat said...

Hi, joy!
Doc said it was a nasty virus, I had a 10 day headache and an upset tummy.
The garden really makes me smile, we had friends over last night and they raided the berries, it was so funny, they couldn't stop themselves.
I love that our gardens become sanctuaries for our little friends.
I think I will now declare that I am an artist any time folks want me to dust ;-)