Saturday 25 February 2012

The Joy of Bananas!

This is a post for Joy who was so delighted when our first bananas flowered a couple of years back, sadly those bananas didn't make it. However, this year I'm pretty sure we will have success!
Back in October we had flowers...


Then in December we had the beginning of bananas, three bunches no less...


A couple of weeks ago a bunch broke off in the winds, so they may or may not ripen on the counter...


However the ones that are still growing are beginning to fill out and loose their edges...


So that's the banana update. In other news the mushrooms are now at a point where they can see the light of day, note the Robware in the background (I love being married to a glassblower)...


Also, this morning I visited the South Coast Research and Extension Center for their cherimoya tasting. Needless to say we made a donation and brought home goodies...


Finally, my Pantheacon expenditures were light but important so here's a quick shot...


The meads and cordials are from Oak Ash Thorn brewing company, Etheric Anatomy was purchased from Harpy Books, and the crescent handsickle was by a Bay Area artisan called Rob Carter who doesn't have a website. So there you have my wild and crazy round up for the week.

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

cat girl I am STILL AMAZED at your bananas !!! .. I can actually say that I know some one that grows their own bananas .. I'm quite proud of that ! haha
I see the Robware too and they are so pretty , especially the colour of the glass.. a favourite of mine.
I have to come back to go through that link .. I have fallen behind here with the swings in weather and headaches .. been a bit ouchy for me. I hope you are feeling not to bad ?
Thanks for the link girl .. you are very sweet (those bananas will be too!) haha
Joy ;-)

Cat said...

Dear Joy, so sorry to hear your under the weather (literally). Our winter hasn't been much but it kick me every now and again. I would send yo bananas but there are laws against it :-(