Monday 3 March 2008

Changing rhythm of my life...

Since the move and the absence of home based internet for a couple of weeks I have decided to change the way I use the internet
For those of you who don't know, my internet use is intrinsically linked to 9/11, for it was on that morning that I arose performed my usual ablutions ate something and went of to college only to discover that  hell had broken loose and that ""They" have declared war on America". Needless to say from then on I was sure to check the news every morning (no matter the contempt with which I held whatever the current "terror alert" was). Eventually the Internet, which I was fairly new to at the time, became such an intrinsic part of my life that a vacation from it was welcome as and when I could arrange a get away. But all the time I would worry somewhere in the back of my mind that I would be missing something important, something that could change my like, or even end it.
Now that we have moved to a new space I am setting a different schedule for myself. In the morning I get up, put the kettle on before hopping in the spa, 5-10 minutes later I hop out and join Puppy for tea and radio and then off to work, where I may check e-mail or not. Monday through Thursday evening I will be checking the Internet, but Friday through Sunday morning I'm taking time for Puppy and I. Sunday, you may catch me on line for a couple of hours, but no more than that. 
I'm over it, over being a victim of terror, sorry, you lost mate!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

good for you for shaking things up!

Anonymous said...

Yes! That's when I started to check the news first thing daily too and from there developed my bad internet habit.
I'm reading 'Culture of Fear (Why Americans are afraid of all the wrong thing)' and yes, media is behind a lot of it, but not all...

Cat said...

I hear you!